What is eDeposit?
eDeposit is a function within our myMobile app that allows you to deposit checks to any into your First South checking accounts. You do this by using the camera on your mobile device.
What do I need in order to use eDeposit?
- An active First South Online Banking account with Mobile Banking enabled; and
- The most recent version of First South's Mobile app for the iPad® , iPhone® or Android™.
Where do I find eDeposit in the myMobile app?
Select Deposit Check from the menu or Deposit from Quick Actions
Who is eligible to sign up for eDeposit?
eDeposit is available to First South Bank customers who have:
- An Online Banking login;
- The most recent myMobile App and have enrolled in Mobile Banking;
- An active First South checking account with a positive balance for at least 90 days. New checking customers may also be eligible to use the service.
- No more than two (2) returned checks or two (2) deposited charge back items in the last 90 days; and,
- All loans with First South Bank are performing and current for the last 90 days.
How do I request eDeposit?
- Select Deposit Check from menu or Deposit from Quick Actions
- Select Get Started
- Enter your information, and then select Continue
- Tap an account, and then enter your account information
- For Android-Select Submit. For iPhone-Select Done. A message will appear letting you know that your request is being processed. You will receive a notification in myMobile when your account is approved.
May I enroll more than one account for eDeposit?
Yes. You may enroll as many checking accounts as you like for eDeposit as long as the accounts qualify.
Do I need to use a deposit slip to make a deposit through eDeposit?
No. We will use a virtual or electronic deposit slip to post the deposit to your account; you will simply take a picture of the front and back of the check.
Should I endorse my check before taking a picture?
What type of checks can I deposit with eDeposit?
Checks made payable to you and drawn on a bank within the United States can be deposited through eDeposit.
The following examples are types of payments/checks which cannot be deposited through eDeposit:
- Traveler’s Checks
- Savings Bonds
- Insurance Drafts
- Cashier Checks
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account that the check is being deposited into
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks that are remotely created checks, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks or items prohibited by FIRST SOUTH BANK’s current procedures relating to the Services or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your FIRST SOUTH BANK account.
- Checks payable on sight or payable through Drafts, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this agreement.
- Checks or items that are drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through eDeposit or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution.
When will funds be made available to me from deposits made by eDeposit?
Most times the funds will be made available to you on the next business day following the deposit date. Provisional credit is not granted for eDeposit. Delayed availability may be longer and is at the discretion of the bank.
Are there limits for deposits made through eDeposit?
Standard eDeposit limits are:
- A daily limit total of $1,000; and
- A limit total of $3,000 per any 30 consecutive calendar days.
- There is no daily or monthly statement cycle limit on the number of items as long as the respective dollar limits are not exceeded.
What do I do with the check after I deposit it through eDeposit?
Once you verify that the funds have been applied to your account correctly, you should shred the check after 30 days.
Are there fees associated with using eDeposit?
Who should I call if I need assistance?
First South Bank eBanking support at 888.993.7664.
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.